Pasta aglio e olio
- 500g spaghetti or pasta of your own preference
- Boatload of root parsley leaves
- Half a lemon
- Olive oil
- 6-8 decently sized garlic cloves
- Chili flakes
- Shredded parmesan (optional)
- Put heavily salted water for pasta in a large pot to boil.
- Peel the garlic and slice it into thin pieces.
- Remove all or at least the bigger stems from the parsley, cut very finely.
- Wait for pasta to be done or nearly done. You will need a bit of the cooking water for later.
- Pour a bunch of olive oil into a frying pan, set it to medium heat
- Once the pan is shimmering, add the sliced garlic. When it starts going brown, remove the pan from heat.
- Add the chili flakes. Let the garlic cook until golden brown(on residual heat)
- Pour in a bit of water you saved from the pasta.
- Put the parsley in and mix. Squeeze half a lemon onto it. Salt and pepper to taste and give it a final stir.
- Optionally serve with shredded parmesan.