- 600ml Short-grain rice - ideally sushi rice, but it can be expensive
- 900ml water
- Heaping tablespoon sugar
- 50ml rice wine vinegar - rice vinegar is way less acidic than normal vinegar, if you have to substitute, see how acidic your vinegar is and adjust as needed
- 3 teaspoons salt
Ingredients for "Unagi" Sauce
- 2 brutally heaping tablespoons honey
- 2 glugs of soy sauce
- 1 small glug Orange juice
Directions for sushi
- Add all the rice ingredients, mix them together and cook the rice
- After rice is cooked, leave it in the vessel you're making it in for 15 minutes, covered.
- After the time is up, move it to a big container and mix it to fluff it up.
- Cover container with a wet kitchen towel to prevent the towel sticking to the rice and the rice to avoid dehydrating and temperature loss of the rice.
- Draw the rest of the owl, TODO
Directions for "unagi" sauce
Dump all ingredients into a frying pan
Cook on high heat while stirring constantly until it is reduced to about half and thickens a bunch
Done. If you somehow manage to end up with a hard caramel candy consistency in the end, dump a bit of boiling water and keep stir it up again