From time to time I host a server for myself and a few friends, but new people are welcome too!
It's down most of the time.
Default game directory:
- Windows: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming.minecraft (%APPDATA% in file explorer)
- Linux: ~/.minecraft
- You can launch .jar files on with "java -jar file.jar". Package with java is named "jre8-openjdk" on Arch and "openjdk-8-jre" on Ubuntu.
Pirated MC note: You can use TLauncher to download the game if you do not have a paid account. There's account switch mod which lets you choose the username.
MultiMC (must have paid account)
- Install MultiMC
- Set minimum and maximum RAM allocation to '16384 MB' after launching MultiMC
- Create a new 1.12.2 instance
- Edit it, install latest Forge in the Version tab
- Click View Folder in the Loader Mods tab - drop the mods in this folder
Manual (not recommended)
- Download the game, forge and mods
- Copy the contents of the downloaded folder(Minecraft 1.12.2) to the default game directory
- Run Minecraft client, login, quit
- Run forge .jar and click OK (Install the client version which is selected by default)
- Run Minecraft client, click Edit Profile
- Select appropriate forge version under the Use Version column(they're at the bottom of the list)
- tick "JVM Arguments" checkbox and add/edit these parameters -Xms16G -Xmx16G
- Finally, if you're still having trouble, there's an old video tutorial
Clear all items on the ground - /kill @e[type=Item]
Main place to get mods rarely, some mods won't use Curseforge but a build server or a webpage (IC2 for example)
-Xms is startup memory and -Xmx is maximum allowed memory. -Xms8G -Xmx8G - makes minecraft start with 8GB and will let allocate memory up to 8GB as needed... This is useful as reallocation is costly so let's just go with max.
# Will install/update server + forge in the current directory. java -jar forge-*-installer.jar --installServer